BYK´s OPTIGEL rheology additives are activated phyllosilicates for aqueous systems. The main function of all OPTIGEL products is the thixotropic stabilization of aqueous systems. Depending on the grade, a low to very high thickening effect and excellent anti-settling are achieved. They improve the processability and storage stability and provide anti-sag properties which allow for higher film thicknesses. There are unmodified and organically modified OPTIGEL types, whereby the latter show a high to very high thickening effect. As there are different types of OPTIGEL rheology additives available, it is possible to choose the matching product for various aqueous applications: coatings, adhesives and sealants, construction formulations, household, and institutional and indutrial cleaners.
- Rheology additives
- Excellent stabilizing and anti settling effect as well as sag control
- Prevention of phase separation and syneresis
- Stability of the gel structure over a wide temperature range
- Improvement of processability
- Modification adapted to the intended use